How to download Pupil Premium data and upload it to SIMS
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 020 3897 2888
Downloading the DfE CSV File
- Go to the Key to Success website. (Your username and password is the same as S2S).
- Once logged in please select the Pupil Premium option for the latest school year from the menu.
It is important to download the DfE CSV file to a secure folder as it includes UPNs and sensitive information.
Importing and saving Pupil Premium information into SIMS from the DfE CSV file
- Before importing the file please ensure the name of the file is the following format:
PP_data_schoolyear_LASchoolNumber_1.csv (eg. PP_data_1819_8234321_1.csv)
- To rename a file right click on the file name and select rename. Make the relevant changes then click away from the file.
- Having renamed the file import via Tools > Pupil Premium > Import
- Select the Premium Type and Premium Type to update Pupil Premium Indicator.
- Select the file importing.
- Select Yes at the following notification (your date may not match).
- Click on the import button that appears after you have selected the file.
- Once the data has been imported click on save so that your school's pupil premium information is up to date.
Manually marking a student as eligible for Pupil Premium
- You can also manually mark a student as Pupil Premium by going to their student profile and ticking the "Pupil Premium Indicator" box and clicking save.