Testing Conditional Requests
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 020 3897 2888
Generating changes to your test school data
- In order to test using conditional requests on the API, you will first have to simulate an update to your test data.
- Sign in to your Sandbox account.
- Click on Test School on the left hand menu.
- Select a school you want a changeset for.
- Go to Changeset Logs on the bottom of the left hand menu.
- Select the field, Student name, Student FSM Status, Staff Member email address, that you would like a changeset for.
- To receive a changeset through, select Queue Change for either Student name, Student FSM Status, Staff Member email.
Sending a conditional request
- Now that you've changed some data, you can send a conditional request to the API to only retrieve the data that has changed.
- To do so, you will need to submit an
If-Modified-SinceHTTP header in your request.
- The date you submit must be in the following format: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 18:05:23 GMT
- The API will only return data that has changed since the date you submit. If no data has changed, you will receive a
304 Not Modifiedresponse.