Connecting Bromcom to Assembly
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 020 3897 2888
Step 1 – Before you start
- If you get stuck at any point during the setup please contact us on email@example.com or 020 3897 2888 for support.
Step 2 – Sign up
- Go to the Assembly platform sign up page.
- Enter the invite code, then your email and create a password. If you do not have an invite code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that you have consulted and accepted the terms of service, then click Sign up.
- An email will be sent to the address you signed up with - follow the link in this email to activate your Assembly account.
Step 3 – School information
- Start typing your School name to narrow down the search, then select from the list.
- You can also narrow down the search by entering the school postcode.
- Select Bromcom as your school’s MIS Provider from the dropdown list and press Continue.
Step 4 - Configuring Assembly Connection
- Create an Assembly Bromcom User, which can be done by following this support article. We strongly recommend you use a secure password containing at least 8 characters with 1 uppercase letter and 1 number.
- On the Assembly Platform go to the Connector tab on the left hand menu.
- Enter your Bromcom School ID and the Username and Password of the Assembly Bromcom user.
- Click Test Connection to finish the process.
- If the connection is successful you will see a green Connected message verifying the connection.
- If the credentials that you entered are incorrect you will get an error message which means we have not been able to connect to your Bromcom account. Please review the credentials and check them against the details in Bromcom.
- We will attempt to make contact with your school and retrieve some basic school information (10-15 minutes).
- Please note: You should only amend the URL field if you have a local installation of Bromcom. If this is the case, you may also need to whitelist our addresses to allow communication with your Bromcom server. If you access Bromcom by going to https://cloud.bromcom.com you do not need to change this field.
- You're now ready to map your subjects and then authorise an app.