Before you Configure the Platform (SIMS)
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 020 8506 6100.
Before attempting to install the Assembly Connector, you should check the below information:
I'm installing on the SIMS server
- If your SIMS is locally hosted, we recommend that the Assembly Connector is installed on your SIMS Server - or at the very least another server with access to your SIMS.
- If you run hosted SIMS, you may need to request an External Connector from your hosted SIMS provider. If your hosted SIMS setup does not allow for an external connector to be installed, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have admin access on the server
- You will need administrator rights to install the connector onto the machine and start the Assembly Connector and Assembly Updater services.
I am running a supported version of windows
- Supported versions of Windows are:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 7.1 SP1
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
The Assembly Connector is not already installed on the machine
- The Assembly Connector can only be installed on one machine at any one time. If you wish to switch the machines it is installed on, you must first uninstall it and then reinstall it on the new machine.
The local system account can access *.assembly.education URLs:
- If you have network level filtering (such as proxy servers or firewalls), you should add an allow rule for *.assembly.education URLs to the web filter on ports 80 and 443 so that the local system account on the server can reach these endpoints.
This machine is kept powered on at all times
- We understand that reboots may be required to install important updates, but wherever possible the machine should be always booted up.