Creating the Assembly User on SIMS
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 020 8506 6100.
Before you start
- Please note you will need Administrator privileges on SIMS to manage user accounts.
Create the User
- Go to Focus -> System Manager -> Manage Users and click New.
- Enter the surname "Assembly" and the forename "User" (you do not have to enter a gender or date of birth). Click Continue.
Create the login details
- Ensure that the username is "Assembly.User" (you may have to manually change this, depending on your username settings).
- Make a copy of the autogenerated password. If you manually create a password for the user, it should only use alphanumeric characters (no special characters such as * / <).
- Ensure that the active tick box is selected.
Add the User to the correct permission groups
- The Assembly User should be a member of the following permissions groups:
- Administration Assistant
- Class Teacher
- Senior Management Team
- Personnel Officer
- Third Party Reporter
- Assessment Operator
- Cover Manager (This permission is only required if you will be using SchoolBooking.)
- This is an important step that ensures the user has sufficient access to pull information into the platform.
- Click Add on the groups section:
- Use CTRL + Click to highlight the 4 above permission groups:
- Once the user has been placed in the relevant groups, click Save to complete the process.
Give the credentials to the Platform
- You can now enter the SIMS Username and password in the SIMS Credentials area of the Connector setup.