Connecting your MIS via XoD to Assembly - Pupil Asset example
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 020 3897 2888
Step 1 – Before you start
- If you get stuck at any point during the setup please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3897 2888 for support.
- Please note: an Assembly connection via XoD is provided via Groupcall Xporter on Demand and you will be redirected here to complete the setup.
Step 2 – Sign up
- Go to the Assembly platform sign up page.
- Enter the invite code, then your email and create a password. If you do not have an invite code, please contact email@example.com.
- Ensure that you have consulted and accepted the terms of service, then click Sign up.
- An email will be sent to the address you signed up with - follow the link in this email to activate your Assembly account.
Step 3 – School information
- Start typing your School name to narrow down the search, then select from the list.
- You can also narrow down the search by entering the school postcode.
- Select your MIS - SIMS, Pupil Asset or iSAMS (via Xporter on Demand) as your school’s MIS Provider from the dropdown list and press Continue.
Step 4 - Configuring Assembly Connection
- Once your school is signed up, you'll then need to configure the connection to your school's MIS, by going to the Connector page or pressing Configure Connector.
- In order to do so, you will need to use Groupcall's Xporter on Demand to extract the data from your MIS and pass it to Assembly. Click Grant Access to proceed. This will trigger an email to your inbox with further instructions.
- Check your inbox for an email with further instructions on how to set up a connection. You will need to click Begin Authorisation and follow the steps to connect your MIS to Xporter on Demand.
- From within Assembly, you can check the status of your PupilAsset <> Xporter on Demand connection:
Step 5 - Checking the Connection has been Configured
- Once you have completed all setup steps on Xporter on Demand, your school's connector page will update to reflect this status:
- You're now ready to authorise an app!