How to download and import KS2 SATs results
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 020 3897 2888
Step 1 - Accessing NCA Tools
- Log in to the NCA Tools Website with the credentials supplied to your school (you'll need to contact 0300 303 3013 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help locating your credentials).
- Once logged in you will be able to view the pupil’s test results, and also download the test results in different formats.
Step 2 - Downloading KS2 SATs Results
- On NCA Tools select Pupil Results
Download Key Stage 2 Results
Follow the onscreen instructions to download the file containing the results (select Combined file containing all subjects and CTF as the file format, then Download). When asked to specify a location where to save this file, save to an area you know you can easily access at the same time as SIMS.
Step 3 - Importing KS2 SATs Results on to SIMS
- On SIMS select Routines > Data In > CTF > Import CTF.
- Select Add KS2 data for Existing Pupils Only.
- Only change the matching scale if you have reason to do so (scale 4 is recommended but the default option should work).
- Click on the browse folder icon in Section 2 - Import Selection, navigate to where you saved the NCA tool download and select the file.
- If prompted, select On-Roll for Place new pupils in, and leave the effective date as today’s date.
- Click Proceed For Match Import, check there are no errors (all coloured boxes should be either all green or yellow / green) and then select Import CTF.
- When your import is complete you will see what has been imported and an Exception log of any issues.
- You can now view the data that has been imported by going to Focus > Assessment > Marksheet Entry, searching KS2 and looking at the Broadsheet Review marksheet.
- The data will be picked up on the next Assembly sync!