Connecting Arbor with Assembly
Before you start
- If you have any questions about this process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3897 2888 for support.
Step 1 - Assembly sign up
- Go to the Assembly platform sign up page.
- Enter the invite code, then your email and create a password. If you do not have an invite code, please contact email@example.com.
- Ensure that you have consulted and accepted the terms of service, then click Sign up.
- An email will be sent to the address you signed up with - follow the link in this email to activate your Assembly account.
Step 2 - School information
- Start typing your School name to narrow down the search, then select from the list.
- You can also narrow down the search by entering the school postcode.
- Select Arbor as your school’s MIS Provider from the dropdown list and press Continue.
Step 3 - Setting up the Assembly Integration
- You will first need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that you would like to integrate Assembly with Arbor.
- We will send you an API request on the Arbor platform.
In Arbor you will find this in System > Partner Apps (API Users) > Pending requests:
- You will receive a notification from Arbor for the request which you can:
- View the details of what data the app is requesting access to or already uses
- Approve the app
- Reject the app
- Make a note of the web address or URL that you go to in order to access Arbor, for example: https://karrie1.uk.arbor.sc
Step 4 - Entering your API credentials on Assembly
- Once you have this information, you can enter it on the Assembly Platform. To do so, go to the Connector page.
- Enter the main part of the Mis URL or web address that you use to access Arbor.
- Hit Save.
You're now connected and ready to authorise an app! You will need to give it 60 minutes to let the data sync from Arbor to the Assembly platform.