Hosted SIMS - External Connector
- If you have a hosted SIMS and access your SIMS database via the internet or a remote desktop you will need to get in touch with your hosted SIMS provider to request an External Connector.
- You will need to explain that you want to install the Assembly Connector, which extracts data from the centrally hosted SIMS.
- An Assembly User will need to be set up and authenticated to access the SIMS database across a VPN. The user will need to be a member of the following permission groups:
- Administration Assistant
- Class Teacher
- Personnel Officer
- Senior Management Team
- Third Party Operator
- Assessment Operator
- Once the External Connector has been installed you should be able to install the Assembly Connector as normal on the same machine within the school.
- If your hosted SIMS setup does not allow for an External Connector to be installed, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 020 3897 2888